Conservator of paintings and murals (with over 20 years’ experience), and fine art painter
- Expertise in the conservation-restoration of paintings for private collectors, art galleries and institutions including the National Museum of American Art (Smithsonian Institution), the North Carolina Museum of Art, the Springfield (Massachusetts) Library and Museums Association, and the Pensylvania Academy of Fine Arts
- Experience in the conservation of murals. Work on murals includes assisting James Hamm of Fine Art Conservation and Technical Services in the consolidation, surface cleaning, and varnish reduction of a WPA Mural Cycle (on canvas support) at Hooker Chemical in Niagara Falls, NY (1990); and, as a senior, on-site project manager, assisting Scott Haskins of Fine Art Conservation Laboratories on the cleaning of murals (on cementitious/plaster support) – removing a layer of over paint that completely covered the murals – at the Fair Park in Dallas, Texas (1999). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdM7gf1IsOw
- Experience in the conservation of paintings on wooden panels. Work includes that of a crew member assisting Ransick and Gat Conservation, in the consolidation and cleaning of painted ceiling panels of a 18th century painted interior from Damascus, in New York University’s Hagop Kevorkian Collection of Islamic Art (2002). Another part of this interior exists at the Doris Duke Foundation for Islamic Art and can be seen on-line: http://www.shangrilahawaii.org:8080/emuseum40/view/objects/asitem/174/2/title-asc?t:state:flow=6a24f5b7-a51b-452a-b6bb-0ba7073b08af
- Conservation Surveys
- Preventive conservation for diverse collections including natural history specimens, firearms, paintings, decorative arts, and collections on paper
- Development and implementation for programs, procedures and instruction for the handling of and improved storage of collections, environmental monitoring and collection maintenance
- Art historical research for paintings
- Work as a painter of original works includes oil paintings on panel and canvas, watercolors and reproducing historic architectural stenciling.
- M.A. Art Conservation, SUNY's Buffalo State College (August, 1992).
- B.A. Art History (cum laude), University of Massachusetts (May, 1986).
Augerson Art Conservation
Augerson Art Conservation Services, P.O. Box 1512, Millbrook, NY 12545, USA
Augerson Art Conservation Services UK, Unit 42, 196 Rose Street, Edinburgh EH2 4AT